Life is one big, stressful test and it’s oh so easy to get caught up in it all and be stuck in a bad mood. I’ve recently been in a massive stress so I thought I would write down five things I need to do when I’m in a bad mood. If anything this is just a reference point for me, but hopefully it’ll be of some use to you as well!
1) Walk – get outside and walk anywhere, a few deep breaths of fresh cool air will make you feel so much better. A fast power walk will help you walk off any anger or stress or a slow amble may help you relax. Switch off and go for it! If you can walk to your happy place then all the better.
2) Youtube – I always find certain Youtube channels help me relax and de-stress. There is something awesome about focusing on other peoples lives and not you own for a bit. Modern day escapism at its finest.
3) Paint Your Nails – I find that I really need to focus in order to do this, so by focusing on this I can switch off from life and most of the time I’ll have forgotten about the things that were stressing me out.
4) Animal Therapy – Animals are amazing, a quick cuddle with something cute and fuzzy is the best kind of therapy. If you don’t have a pet, a cuddle with someone or even a pillow will work wonders!
5) Force Yourself To Meet a Friend – Get out and do something, your friends will cheer you up no matter what. Forcing yourself to go out is the hard bit, but push through the urge to mope and get out there and have a lovely night/day/afternoon.
What do you do to change your mood?